August 19, 2006

I've been spinning round in a dizzy spell

Yes it's been awhile since I've posted. I need to get some internet at my new apartment, and I just keep up my lazy approach: sitting back and hoping it magically appears. At the moment there is no luck, but I'll keep you posted! :)

So I love, LOVE my new apartment! I'll have to get some pictures up sometime. It's adorable. It's comfortable. It's ME! It's the first time I can honestly and completely say that. I'm happy. I just need to finish unpacking.

So as far as Brigadoon is concerned, I am encoring the part I played my senior year of college. I will be playing Meg Brockie again! HUZZAH! It's a fun part, and I get to play her uncensored this time around. She's a bit of a tart, to be sure. When NNU did the play, I just referred to kissing a lot of guys. We sure cleaned her up a lot. My beloved alma mater had done the play before on a few occasions, but here's the humorous part: I was the first person to perform the role at NNU!!! They'd always cut her out because of her "controversial" lifestyle. I think that's pretty funny. Anyway, this time around Stephanie has promised there will be no toning down lyrics or lines (not to say they're horrible, but just a little much by the Crusaders' standards). Ha ha! I'm excited. Chris has the lead, Sarah is Fiona (I love her!), and Kirk will be playing Jeff. I don't know him that well, but he's a nice guy. Once again I will be playing a "romantic" opposite someone my parents' age. Weird, but whatever. Meg pursues and Jeff gives sarcastic denial. It'll be fun.

School starts on Thursday, and our inservices begin on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous. Kirsten may not be back, meaning we'd need a new Science/Math teacher on our site. We also don't have a Sp. Ed. teacher--and we probably have the greatest need in the district for one. Pioneer will have a new Math teacher and we also have a new counselor. Should be interesting. I really hope we still have Kirsten. She's interviewed for a position where she would be training teachers in the district. They'd have to be daft not to hire her, but the three of us gel so well, and we've planned for next year with some exciting stuff . . . Plus, she's the one who "runs things" for us (credit counts, scheduling, district mentoring, etc.).

The lyrics come from the song "All Choked Up" from Grease. We cut it out of our production and went with the movie's "You're the One that I Want". I like the other song better. Well, I should now unpack, lesson plan, work on a Scotish accent, learn lines, or work on harmonies. Adieu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there an easy way to contact you?

I wanted to share with you that Malachy McCourt will be reading at the Woodstock Library, today, Aug. 26th at 5 pm.

www.malachyforgovernor.com

www dot malachyforgovernor dot com

Thanks,
Kimberly