February 05, 2008

Snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW!!!

Irving Berlin and I are putting our heads together, and still no go. We had snow--lots of it--every night for about 2 1/2 weeks. Serious I-can't-see-more-than-a-foot-in-front-of-me snow. It reminded me of going "light speed" on Star Tours. Church was cancelled, but school? Not even a 30 minute delay. I have been jealous of my Oregon, Idaho, etc. friends who have had the luxury of sleeping in and such. Must be nice.

Or it would be nice to live in S. Carolina like Kristen. 73 degrees. Remind me why I live in NV. It's cold, dry, tacky. Well, I do like Tahoe's proximity. I like being close to family. I like the "small town" feel of the area. Okay, so there are good points.

Forbidden Broadway was a lot of fun. The lady who did the Carol Channing impression said, "You laugh really loud sweetie!" to me. It was fantastic. Our entire two rows cracked up at that. Particularly since I'd told them all at dinner about my dad advising me to not laugh so loudly that other people had a hard time hearing the show. Hysterical!

It looks like I will be working with Nevada Shakespeare Company again this summer, with the Young Shakespeare program they do in conjunction with LTSF. Michelle Calhoun-Fitts is directing it and the show is . . . A Midsummer Night's Dream. FUN!!

So the title of the song is the same as this post. The song is used in wonderful White Christmas.

2 comments:

Devon said...

Hey, reading through some of your old posts, I saw the part about your being cast as Benvolio. I saw a high school performance with a female Benvolio and they sort of toyed with the idea that Benvolio(-a?) might be secretly in love with Romeo herself. Is that how your interpretation is going? Or are you just playing it plainly platonic? (How's that for alliteration?!)

notforthelifeofme said...

Benvolio(a) is "one of the guys" and tomboy-esque. We're playing the aspect that "Oh, Romeo's been heartbroken again," been there, done that sort of take on things. I'm having fun with it! :)