August 24, 2008

Keep it Positive!

So, yeah, school begins tomorrow. Lordy! How did it get here so fast? I've been to the school everyday since August 11. It's been jam-packed with LinkCrewFreshmenOrientationTeacherInservices. This time can also be known as many meetings, no real school prep time allotted. So I've been staying until 4-5 again. Anyway, I rearranged my classroom to fit some different things I want to try and I must say I like it a lot. It seems roomier and more aesthetic to me. I'm also able to fit more students in (which is good since my biggest class so far is 32 students, my smallest is 24). Yay moi!

In a couple of weeks I'm heading up to Seattle--possibly my favorite city on the West Coast. Why? To visit Esther again. This time, I think Fin (or Kristina for those who didn't know Kara really well) will be joining us. 'Twill be fun. Particularly since we're going to be seeing Shrek. No, not the movie sillies! The stage production which begins in Seattle before heading to Broadway. It stars many of my favorites, including Sutton Foster. And Brian d'Arcy James (Who is involved in a personal story of mine which lends itself to much humiliation on my part from when I was a teenager--I love telling the story, but I don't particularly feel like writing it out now).

So, here's to teachers who are in my boat. I am sure we all feel the same way. Nervous, unprepared, and gearing ourselves up for exhaustion and great hunger (at least, I always feel like I'm eating so much more at the beginning of the year than later). Good luck--08/09 will be a great year for all (I hope!).

The title comes from the song with the same title from Legally Blonde the musical. I won't necessarily suggest that "It's positively time to shake your junk!", but it would be good to keep a positive attitude in the fall and throughout the year.

No comments: