January 03, 2006

Traveling all around

Well, I love SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!! Particularly when it takes me away from Carson City in truly nasty weather. Apparently I missed some serious flooding, mudslides, and major snowing. I came back just in time for more "warm" weather. Couldn't have planned it better if I tried!

Esther and I had a grand time living it up in Seattle and Tacoma. I've never been to that part of Washington (I think the one year I was in Northwesterners was the one time they didn't go!) and I love it. I love being that close to the ocean and artsy things and green and the mountains and the shopping and the wonderful bookstore Esther took me to and the range of food and . . . sigh.

So the rest of my vacation is shaping up. I have three tests tomorrow morning that should take about 4 1/2 hours I'm told. One on Saturday that should be about two hours. I've mostly cleaned my room (It's a matter of trekking over to the other side of the parking lot to the dumpster) and realized yet again that I truly need another bookshelf but have nowhere to put one at the present. Drat!

I'm determined that part of my New Year's resolution will involve more travelling this year. I love it too much to quit! And now I can afford it a little easier.

The title comes from the pre-Broadway tour of Thoroughly Modern Millie from the song "Stumbling". Happy New Year 2006!!!!!

No comments: