February 20, 2006

Getting to know you!

Okay, another birthday post. Yikes!!!!!!!! Today I am 26. Yup. By the time my parents were my age, both myself and Jessica were born. I have a sneaking suspicion that my 26th year will be different than theirs.

To my post! I'll try to post pictures later, but technology is still kicking my butt, so I make no guarantees. I'll explain if I can post. In the meantime:

26 Things I've Learned in 26 Years

1) My attitude sets the tone for my dealings with everything. Religion, work, friendships, hobbies . . .

2) Learning to appreciate your own company is about the best investment of time you can make.

3) Traveling is the greatest of learning.

4) Kindred spirits can be found anywhere. Keeping your eyes and mind open helps the process immensely.

5) You are often the most inaccurate or accurate in evaluating yourself. It's rare that there is a happy medium.

6) Reading will give you some of the most satisfying relationships (both real and not) you can ever have.

7) To be yourself not only makes life easier on you, it makes it more fun!

8) A creative outlet is a fantastic way to deal with life's hardships.

9) Laughing is not only great exercise; it's a great way to make memories.

10) Work is ever so much more endurable when you enjoy what you do.

11) Attempting to live life with as few regrets as possible makes the past easier to face and the future brighter.

12) Families are to be cherished.

13) Follow your heart, it knows you better than your mind.

14) Technology is overrated.

15) Friendships should cross age barriers.

16) Have role models, and be a role model.

17) Never allow yourself to give into boredom.

18) Love others.

19) Indulging in whims once in awhile is healthy.

20) There is such a thing as good debt. It is worthwhile to make sacrifices because of it, too.

21) A playful spirit and a touch of innocence keeps one young.

22) You may as well spend time with music, films, literature and art that is of a high standard. It's educational and a good use of time. But leave room for some guilty pleasures. If for no other reason than this; it reminds you of what good quality is.

23) Trust is not an easy thing to earn and therefore should not be taken lightly.

24) If exercise is necessary for health, make sure it's fun as well.

25) Money saved is a good thing that can be invested in a future pleasure.

26) Singing for fun should not stop at the age of 5.

The title of the post comes from the song of the same title. It's from The King and I. Happy Birthday to moi!

2 comments:

Devon said...

I fully agree with #26 (spoken by someone who sang the Jester song from The Court Jester all day today..."No butcher, no baker, no candlestick maker, and me with the look of a fine undertaker...")

Happy Birthday, friend!

Anonymous said...

I thought for sure I had commented earlier, but the word verification must have tricked me up!

Sooo...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A bit late. Hope it was a good one, and well done on all the wonderful things you have learned. What a wise old sage you are :)

Hope you are having fun with Grease and tap dancing and everything else. Into the Woods is fun, but I could have used a refresher course on dancing (yikes!). We have to be off-book tonight, so today is MEMORIZATION day. It's nerve wracking to be on the acting side instead of the directing side! :)