February 28, 2006

Oh one last kiss!

This weekend will be slightly on the insane side as surely all my weekends will be for awhile. My great-grandmother, Nana, is turning 91 this week. She is one of the two-and-a-half great-grandparents I've known (two great-grandmothers, and a step-great-grandpa), and the only one still alive. No one is really expecting her to live much longer, which is sad, but a darned good reason to celebrate a live that began in 1915! She tells us stories of getting her hair dipped in inkwells during school, and other forms of old fashioned elementary school flirtations. It's great.

Sunday, I must admit, I'm NOT looking forward to. Oh, the Oscars I am excited about, don't get me wrong. I loved Good Night, and Good Luck, Capote, and I thought Munich was very well done. I loved some of the performances I saw and agree with Reese Witherspoon, Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, David Straithairn, Paul Giamatti, Keira Knightly, Catherine Keener . . . the list grows with the more I see. Yessiree, I love the Oscars!

However, there is a dreaded awards ceremony for that same day. One I feel obligated to attend, but not so excited for. The Albert Awards. Never heard of them? Oh! Neither had I until January. Drat! Remember the summer of Shakespeare I had? Well, stressful as the summer was; for as much drama as there was, I guess I had some good experiences. Meeting new people and all.

Well, this troupe has an awards ceremony that frankly strikes me as silly. I was okay with being nominated for Best Supporting Actress originally. They sent us two ballots for nominations. I was gone from the second one. However, I have learned that Leoney and I are probably winning an award for (get this) best kiss!!!!!!! Ick. Embarrassing. I don't want to go. But I probably will to support the others getting awards. Ugh.

The title of this post comes from a song by the same name from Bye Bye Birdie.

No comments: