July 18, 2006

Till your dreams come true, you'll live on Avenue Q!


So, the big news must come out. I am moving. Across town. To a nice apartment complex. One with airconditioning, a pool, a gym, covered parking, a barbeque, a beautiful grassy park-like setting, a playground--a real gem of an apartment. I will be rooming with Lissa. This is the good news. The bad news is the fact that I have to pack everything and be finished in less than a week (ideally). Ugh. There are fewer things I hate more!

I am weeding through my stuff like crazy, and I hate it. I have a lot of crap and I hate to be reminded of the fact. I go through it, but my stupid sentimental side keeps getting in the way of practicality. I normally embrace this nostalgia-loving-weeping part of myself, because I truly like this aspect of myself. Unfortunately it's just become such an irritation. I wonder if I could call in Rosie from The Jetsons to help me with this dilemma, because as a robot who doesn't know me she would certainly be an asset in this painful chore.

Why do I need to be done in a week? Well, the powers that be at this loverly residence have required a 10 day holding fee, which we paid today. I'm probably not getting back until late on the 27th from Oregon. Normally, I would not care for such a triviality. However, from the 29th-2nd I am housesitting/babysitting for some friends from church. I am also spending the night on the 28th since Lynda and Kevin will be flying out early on the 29th (we're talking pre-sunrise departure to get to Reno ontime!). ACK!!!!!!! This too shall pass, according the the Bible, and I'm clinging to that. Where has my summer flown to?

Today, 22 years ago, my darling sister Janina was born. We celebrated with our mother by seeing The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abriged at the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival this evening. It was probably the best thing I've seen up there, but I expected it to be so. The style in which their comedies are performed gave me the impression that that would be the perfect show for them to do. I laughed a lot, along with the rest of the audience. I shouted, "Cut the crap Hamlet! My biological clock is ticking and I want babies now!" with the best of them. Good times.

I found a DVD of Middlemarch at the library. I read the book over 3 years ago, and enjoyed it. Plus many good Brits are in it. What is it about Robert Hardy that just makes me grin all the time? Even when he plays a scummy character, I can't help but fall in love with that adorable old man; at least a little bit!

The title of the song is the same as that which is the show: Avenue Q.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

They haven't invented Rosie, yet, but I'll gladly lend you Brianna. She'll break your stuff then you won't have any problem "weeding it out." :-D *mumbles inaudibly about rotten children*