March 09, 2007

Ah sweet mystery of life at last I've found thee!

My shoulders hurt. No, scratch that. My upper back hurts. For the second time in two weeks. Last week my thighs also hurt. Why is this you ask? Oh, merely the evilness that is EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!

I admit it, I'm not much in favor of it. I'd rather read. Or nap. Or watch a movie. Or chat with a good friend. Or go to the library. Or, or, or . . .

I don't quite know why this is. I feel good when I exercise. I tend to be pretty energetic afterwards. I like the fact that I'm not just letting life happen to my body, but I am taking control over it--well, I like the idea of that at any rate. I just have a hard time with the motivation. Whether I do it by myself, with a friend, whatever! It's pathetic I know.

I think I may have found something that can have a stronger pull for my appeal. The New York City Ballet Workout Volume I. I have always loved dance (a huge reason for me to enjoy doing musicals; to improve this!). This workout DVD is actually many of the workout routines that the NYC ballet company does daily! So that is a really cool thing in my eyes. Another reason I think I can like it is it seems to be pretty ballet based. I mean, I'm doing plies, degages, relleves (sp?), first-fifth positions. That helps. And I can do it when I want, and NO ONE IS WATCHING ME!!!!!!! Major bonus!

I just may by the 2nd volume to add some spice to what I do. I hope to keep it up, but I'll say it's stronger than my last few attempts at a workout routine!

The lyrics come from a song used in Millie called "I'm Falling in Love With Someone". Or in this case, a something!

No comments: