January 10, 2008

Juliet and her Romeo

Okay, I do apologize for my absence. The last month I was fearing I may die before I finished all I needed to do. It was not a pleasant thought. After school was out I was able to have fun and relax a bit. My sister Jessica, the nieces, and the brother-in-law all came out. The girls made me laugh. Leigha was jealous every moment that I was not spending sole time with her (including telling me that adults were boring and I should play with her instead of talking to everyone). Bri is a hyper runner whose favorite phrase varied between, "Nope, not today!" or "Nope, not tonight!" It made me laugh.

I saw plenty of films too. Wonderful films. I loved it--Enchanted, National Treasure 2, Across the Universe, The Great Debaters, P.S. I Love You, Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse. Did I mention I love movies? I don't know that it can be said enough. My aunt and uncle gave their daughter and I tickets to the new movie theater in Carson so we can see Sweeney Todd (which opens tomorrow here). HUZZAH for good movies!

My parents and I went to Anaheim to visit Janina. We had fun. Ate at The House of Blues. Spent not one, but two days at DCA (Disneyland was having blackout days so Nina couldn't get us in). We had fun though; even on Friday when the rain was pouring insanely all day in CA. We did come home at the height of crazy snowing on Saturday.

School has started again--both grad and CHS. So far so good. I'm having fun knowing that the semester ended before Christmas and that I do not have such a grading burden.

I auditioned for Romeo and Juliet with PPI on Monday night. Chris is directing. I was cast as Benvolio!--Woo! I'm so excited for this show. A) Tiny cast (12 people). B) I know and love 8 of the 14; Leoney, Sarah, Nicole, Warren, Corey, Dana, Dan, Jody, Jeff. Go talent and comaraderie! It's like all three of my theatre venues in NV are coming together (WNCC, Gold Hill, Love's Labour's Lost)--twill be a blast if I'm asked. I cannot wait for the readthrough!

The title comes from the song "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" from Kiss Me Kate.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

There really is nothing like the comaraderie of the theater, I love it! Enjoy, I'm so happy for you!