September 17, 2004

What do you do with a B.A. in English?

Hello all!

I want to devote this entry to Stephanie Dixon. She is doing a great job as our Princess Winnifred. I've enjoyed getting to know her a lot. But best of all, she burned me a copy of the Avenue Q CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only am I thrilled to finally have a copy, but I've needed something else to listen to.

I've been listening to Mattress practically incessantly in my car so I can practice my chorus parts! Ick. I've memorized not only the songs, but I know that I must pay attention to track 3, 6, 9, 11, 13, and 21. Ack! It's a mad disease which is threatening to consume my entire being! I am decidedly annoyed with the music now. It plays in my dreams. The music worms its way into my head during teaching (though how it manages to work with The Iliad I long to know). The music is my new and unwelcomed stalker! I just keep reminding myself, "In 7 days we open. In 16 days we close. You can do it!" As a cast, we are quickly infecting each other with illnesses and comparing exhaustion stories. Needless to say, it's not the most upbeat cast I've been in. Brittany reduced herself to entertaining with a sock hand puppet which is nothing more than a white sock. No face like decorations. No character whatsoever. Just a sock. That's the deep end I feel like I am rapidly approaching. It is still fun, but I've liked Carousel more since the start, so I am quite eager to be completely focus on that one!

For those of you who are Christians, have you ever felt like God was trying to tell you something by bombarding you with a particular scripture? For some reason, I feel like this about a couple of encounters with the scripture. It's all dealing with the body of Christ. Our place. Our spiritual gifts. Not longing to be something else. I don't quite know why I'm getting this. Just something that's popped up a few times in the last week. I try to pay attention when these things occur, but I'm certain I'm one of the most daft when it comes to picking up on things God tries to clue me in on. Just thought I'd mention it.

The title is a songtitle from Avenue Q. I thought it was funny, and oh so true! :) I'm proud of that degree of mine! Too bad I couldn't be as idealistic with my second degree; nope, I had to be a marketable sell out! So, I'll leave you to ponder just what it is you do with a B.A. in English!

No comments: