December 08, 2005

You'll fall asleep, counting your blessings!

Sorry, I guess I haven't felt much like writing. Plus I lacked the time. Plus my internet connection sucks!!!! Plus I didn't want to whine; which is probably what I would've been doing.

So, for a quick update (the icky stuff):
~I couldn't take the Nevada Constitution test on the day offered for $15, because I was on Vicodin. I didn't trust myself to drive it or to take it under the influence. Dumb absessed tooth!!!
~So now I have to take it for $65 instead (blech).
~My Praxis test started at 2:15 on Nov. 19. Our only Saturday Matinee was at 2:00 on the same day, and I found out a week and a half in advance. So,
~Our director asked her daughter to do it. Maria agreed, IF she could have another performance, too.
~I had to give up Friday the 18! :( I've never had to do this before, so I was more than a little upset by it, but I couldn't do anything else.
~The financial backers for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever decided they didn't like some things (easily fixable and minor in my eyes), so they backed out and we weren't sure we could put it on! Luckily, Chris and I were able to talk John (the Executive Director of the BAC) into it. Phew! It would have been awful, but having to tell 20 or so kids that all their work was in vain was my personal idea of Hell on earth. Can you imagine the looks? How crushed they'd be? I get shivers thinking of it. Forget about the work I've done, it would be murder on them, and some of them may never want to try it again!
~The kids at school have had a real turnaround for the worse at school. I am so exhausted/drained/etc. every day. I'm so glad I have other things to keep me going!

That's it in a short blip. These things all happened in less than a month. It felt like getting slammed from every direction. I'm recovering. Thank God for prayer, tears for stress relief, good friends, family, movies, music, and books! These pulled me through!

And now it's all about the Spice Chai, Christmas music, and warming devices! Speaking of which, I'm cold! I hope all of you are doing very well with a wonderfully relaxing break just around the corner!

The title is from Irving Berlin's "Count Your Blessings" song. I love it when Bing Crosby sings it to Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas. It's a happy thing!

No comments: