March 28, 2006

Drop that Name!

So, do you ever find yourself in situations that you just have a hard time believing, even if you know there's no way you could possibly be dreaming? I do. Very occasionally. This weekend was one of those situations. It was great. *Blogger is so dumb on my laptop, so I apologize for the lack of paragraph breaks.* First things first: I auditioned for Love's Labour's Lost last Wednesday. On Friday I found out that I'm playing the part of . . . the Princess of France! Yay! It's going great cast, and Chris is directing. It'll be in June, so if you're in the Reno area at that time, be sure to see it! *We also had a great weekend for theatre. WNMTC opened Forever Plaid, which I saw on Thursday during the final dress rehearsal. I also got to be a PART of the show and helped Stephanie make something look like fog. Carson High School put on Suessicle the Musical which opened this weekend. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it! Very colorful and fun. This weekend also had a professional opening; A Couple of Blaguards, the touring show, opened at the BAC. Frank and Malachy McCourt wrote the show based on some of their own experiences. *So I got to hang out at Adele's (a world renowned resturant in CC, which has amazing food at posh/swanky prices) for FREE with John and Chris (who both work at the BAC). Oh, and did I mention Howard Platt, Mickey Kelly, and Steve McGraw were there? Because they were. Howard and Mickey were the actors in the great 2 man show, and Steve is the producer. All of them know the McCourt brothers personally (Mickey's been in the show with Malachy, Howard was the best man at Frank's wedding . . .!) and told fabulous stories about them. Steve also owns the theatre where Forever Plaid opened; Forbidden Broadway also plays there, and HE HELPED START IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I can possibly express how incredibly amazing this experience has been for me. I mean it, they are such great people. It's also been so fascinating to hear about the experiences of professionals and such. Like the time Mickey was performing in Ireland with Malachy, and Malachy literally left the stage during the show to use the restroom and didn't tell Mickey. Or working with famous actors in films and shows. Mickey's experiences growing up in Ireland. I just loved the whole thing! I'm looking forward to this next weekend when I get to do it again. *The title of this post comes from the song with the same title from Bells are Ringing. It's a very funny number.

No comments: