June 21, 2006

You're standing on my toe . . .

So I am determined to be a better blogger again. One of my summer resolutions. Along with keeping my apartment cleaner, adding more to my grad school fund, enjoying the time off, traveling, prepping for next year . . . Oi!

LLL has one more weekend. I am somewhat saddened by this revelation because it has been the best cast I've worked with since . . . I dunno, college? YIKES! Four years ago! It's been fun, though I'm still finding areas to feel more comfortable in such a daunting role. Maybe I'll grasp command of it by Saturday, our last show! :)

So on Sunday I went hiking at Tahoe. I fell on some rocks and literally could have killed myself. I might read this and think "Wow! Lynette's reached a new level of exaggeration!" Don't. I. Wish. I was falling head first. There was a slide of rocks that I was falling towards face first. For some reason I my fall was stopped short. I hurt my ankle again--the same one I've hurt twice in the last 5 weeks pretty badly, and I scratched both of my arms. GRR!!!!!!!!! I'm headed to the doctor's soon, though. Sigh.

The song title is "The Song that Goes Like This" from Spamalot. It was the closest I could think of to about hurting a foot. Maybe I'll get to see it in NYC if Esther and I fall through with our plans to visit next month . . . :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yowza!!! You okay, big sis? We had a kid slip on a rock during VBS today and all his fellow classmates came into music yelling, "Ethan fell on a rock and cracked his head!!!" I had to fight snickers at the way they worded that...but then I saw the poor bugger...he had a goose egg the size of Texas on his forehead that was indeed split open. Ouch. Poor kid!