August 29, 2007

Learn Everything!



Dana as Hero just before the wedding.



Beatrice for Act II.



Act I Beatrice. Mark, the guy who took the photo, said, "Okay, give me a look for Beatrice. She's sweet, right?" to which I answered, "No! She's sassy!"



Alex as Ursula, Eric as Don John, and and Joe as Benedick.



Dan as Leonato, Duffy as Dogberry, and Alex again.



Brian ready to revel it up as Don Pedro!



Emma as Verges.



Josh as Claudio.

All the pictures were taken during intermission, so I apolgize about the "relaxed" look of them. We set the show in the 1860s (Brian even rode his horse onto the stage for his entrance!).

So I am balancing school, teaching, and life in general. We'll see how this goes. I am nervous to tell you the truth, but I think once I get the hang of it it'll be fine.

School started on Monday. So far so good. I'm enjoying the fact that everyday there is a variety of classes I teach. We have "A" days and "B" days at CHS, and I'm lucky enough to not teach the same classes on the same days. I prefer that myself, because I like a bit of variety and keeping things different. I had a bit of trouble my first two days with some of the classes when it came to pacing. 103 minutes for each class period is a bit ridiculous. Today (my "second" day) went much smoother with no extra time left in my classes. Hopefully I'll be able to keep THIS up!

Our play ended on Saturday. I'm sad. I know I'm going to really miss the cast; it was a great group of people. I'm going to try and stay in touch with people, but that is always skechy. Thespians! If only they could be normal people! :)

The pictures are from

My title comes from the musical of Anne of Green Gables. The song is called "Open a Window". I kind of feel like I'm in learning overload, so it seemed appropriate.

No comments: