August 01, 2007

One Short Day in the Emerald City

So I got back yesterday from a trip to Anaheim. I visited Janina and our cousin Kelsey. However, I was not the only guest. My cousin Halley and her friend/roommate Vicky, Jessica, Jason, Leigha and Briana were there. Oi! I went on Friday and came back last night (and had to dash off to rehearsal asap).

Twas a good trip. I got the brilliant idea of attempting to see Wicked on Saturday using the Wicked Lottery. See about 2 1/2 hours to 2 hours prior to a performance you can go to the ticket booth and put your name on a slip and mark whether you want 1 or 2 tickets. After that you put the slip into a container. 2 hours before the show they draw about 15-20 names. If your name is drawn, you get an "I won the Wicked lottery!" button, and you pay $25 for a front row seat ticket. So I thought it would be fun to try for. Janina was the only one who wanted to go with me. We got there about 2 minutes before the drawing and I won!!!!!!! Janina and I got to see the phenomenal show of Wicked with Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty (I saw her in Seattle). We also saw people who played significant roles in Gilmore Girls, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Oh, and Carol Kane who played Miracle Max's wife in The Princess Bride. Huzzah!

The next day I got went to DCA with Nina, Kelsey, Jess, Jason, Leigha and Briana. We had a good time (and got free Mickey ears!). It was crazy. Good times. On Monday we did something, but it's a surprise that cannot yet reveal. Eventually I will, but not yet.

And so, I have about a week before we open Much Ado About Nothing. It's coming really well. I love this cast. It's a good group of people and we get along really well! I am having a lot of fun with it.

The title of the post comes from a song with the same title from Wicked.

No comments: