May 15, 2004

Hooray for a job well done!

This title actually has a couple of meanings. First off, I would like to congratulate all of my friends at NNU who are graduating as I write this. I really wish I could be there right now, supporting each of them.I hope the four years were wonderful as mine were.

Last night is the other reason for this title. The Student Council Social took place, and I think I can safely say it was a success. The luau theme was popular. The food was good. The games were a blast! The improv skits were funny (particularly the one with Beth, Josh, Selah, KJ, Sarah, Nathan, Courtney B. and her date). It was also hilarious to see Jeff with his "earrings" and the cocoanut bra (which was super tight and then he couldn't get it off!). The other game we played was also hysterical--the one where we have a list of things peoploe would have with them (in purses,wallets and such), and they had to put them into a bag and run it up to us. Kristen almost got knocked off of her stool a few times! It was so funny.

It appears that the fact that I was at school for more than fifteen hours yesterday without leaving proved to be successful. After we cleaned up, Kristen and I celebrated by going to see Troy. I LOVED it! I've read The Iliad about three times, but it's been awhile since World Lit with Dennis my senior year. I now have a strong desire to reread both it and The Odyssey.

So, tonight and tomorrow, I'm very nervous. I will be Mr. McDonald in the kids musical at church. Yes, I have to be a man! I don't feel as prepared as I would like to be for this performance. Pray for me if you read this prior to any of the three performances. Please.

After this weekend, life will be genuinely less stressful, and I can't say I'm sorry. Two and a half weeks left of school, and then I'm done! Yeah!

No comments: