May 05, 2004

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I Love Ya! Tomorrow! You're Only A Day Away!

I'm totally stoked about tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to New York City, to the flappers, "This is 1922!"--oh yes! The Millie experience is about to happen for the third time. I'm so excited to see this show again, especially since this time I"ll be seeing the tour. I've heard there are some things that are different in the tour. I'm also thrilled that I'm taking six of my students with me. All of them are in my Drama class, so I think that it'll be fun for them also. I hope they like it, anyway. I showed them clips during our unit on musicals (can you tell I am completely deciding how the class is run? It was awesom, especially having the students write their own musicals! Pirates of the Caribbean the musical was about the funniest thing I've ever seen!), and some of them got really into it. I like the fact that Millie is like an old time musical. It's a complete 180 degree turn from my ultimate favorite Les Miserables, but I think that's one reason I like it.

Tomorrow is also Apt. 1's Farewell Friends Party. We have 8 people (indluding us) at the party. We're going to show the first episode, watch the two hour final, and finally watch the Jay Leno show with the cast of Friends. Anji (CCS' 3rd grade teacher) has mentioned that she's coming solely to laugh at us crying over the end! How cruel! We're having a food for each of the characters, we've got prizes and people spending the night. Ah, good times to be had. Kristen and I decorated the apartment and made some of the food this evening for tomorrow.

I've since come upstairs and created the 6th grade Vocab Quiz and their Tom Sawyer Study Guide. Yes, I feel highly accomplished. I finished the lesson plans for tomorrow and Friday. Who knew I could be so productive? I may not have ever touched my grading for this week, but I'll think about that for next week! Since my computer at school was gutted and fixed (thanks go out to Nathan Murray, 9th grade computer genious) I have been slacking on the grading. After all, I must reinstall my grading program and Word program back on. Ick. I'm not so pleased with that fact. Why do we have to do grades each week for middle school? Mr. Jordan and I are petitioning that next year, we do them every three weeks as we do for high school. It's pretty ridiculous to do grades each week!

I am getting a bit tired with my illness. I was completely dragging at school today. My Drama students are excited for their Hamlet project, so that reenergized me a bit. I had hoped they would like it! I loved doing it in high school. We just finished reading Hamlet, and I had the kids either do monologues or group scenes from the play. Our next project is to put Gertrude on trial for perhaps being a plotter in the murder of Hamlet's father! We divided the class into the Defense and Prosecution sides, voted on a judge, two lawyers, a bailiff, and all the characters. It's going to be a blast! I was Gertrude on trial when I was a sophomore--and I've never fully forgiven Cory Moosman (judge) for finding me guilty! :)

I suppose it is fairly obvious that I'm tired. I feel like this is the most abstract random entry ever invented. Ah, well, it is forgivable, right? I certainly hope so!

It's time to go to bed, so it's time to say "So long! Farewell! Auf Weidersehn, Goodbye!"

No comments: