September 01, 2005

This irresistable, Paris original!

A quick jotting of a blog. Simply because I can, and I thought it was funny.

When I went to Europe for the first time, four summers ago (YIKES!!!!!!), I bought a scarf in Montpelier, France. I loved it. I still do. It kind of got me to fall in love with scarves of all sorts. I have since purchased a couple of them for the sole purpose of accessorizing.

Today I woke up at 6:25--needing to be at school at 7 a.m.! It's the latest I've slept in, and I was rushing this morning. I plotted what would be an easy outfit for today whilst showering. I settled on my khaki pants, a pink camisole, a blouse with purple and pink stripes (tres chic!), and my brown loafers. At the last minute, I caught sight of my purple scarf with stripes that compliments the blouse fairly well. Professional, yet simple. I put my scarf on as a tie, grabbed my purple rubber bracelet (the profits went to asthma research), and called it good.

The kids and some of the other staff could not seem to get a handle on the fact that I was wearing "a tie". I got so many quizzical looks and a plethora of questions regarding this "fashion statement". It wasn't that big of a deal in my mind, but apparently I'm in the minority.

So I'll put the question out in the open. Is a female wearing a tie (real or not) that strange? Worthy of a day of incessent mentionings? It's professional, right? It matched my attire, right? Why would this raise so many eyebrows? Hmm . . .

The title comes from the song "Paris Original" from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Rosemary is trying to impress J. Pierpont Finch so she spends a heck-of-a-lot of money on a sexy dress from Paris to catch his eye. I wasn't trying to catch any eyes, but I certainly did make an impression--just like Rosemary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh! You got spam comments! Bummer. You ought to delete them because they can bring more spam comments.

Anyways...

I don't think it's that unusual for women to wear scarf ties. Regular ties, maybe, but not scarves turned into ties. A regular tie would remind me of Avril Lavigne or some other punk rocker chic.

Anonymous said...

Lynette:

Have you ever blogged your experiences in "Unsinkable Molly Brown"?

TV

Lynette said...

TV???? How great is it that you found my blog!!! :) No, I've never blogged about THAT experience, but I should . . . when I have about 48 hours to sit and write! :) How did you find me? Are you still in Colorado? How's Winnie? How did you realize that this was my blog? Wow!!!! This is so exciting, former dad!