September 23, 2005

Tonight's the Night!

Opening night is here. Wow. I'm thrilled. Beyond belief. Actually the show is looking really good now. And the other night, Gina was walking by me and said, "Lynette, you looked good tonight in 'I've Got Rhythm.' I think you're really getting it." HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!! I am a semi-strong weak link!

Tonight everyone is coming, too. My mom, dad, Janina, Aunt Laurie, Chris, Kirsten, Shonna, Dave, and his wife (I teach with the unfamiliar names). I'm expecting some serious cheering for THIS random showgirl (that's how I'm listed in the program!). Let's hope I fake it enough to impress them! :)

I ran to Reno after school for a last costume addition. I wanted long evening gloves and clips for my hair for the NYC scene. I've decided that there must be an International Motorcyclist Convention there, because that 90% of the traffic I saw on my way up. Tres bizarre and tres obnoxious! I hit every red light possible and was truly annoyed at the fact that I didn't get back sooner. Sigh.

The title of the post comes from the song of the same title, and it's used in Crazy For You. It's sung in the "dressing room scene" before the quintessential Mickey and Judy movie ploy, when we "put on a show!" I gave myself a prop and am eating Cracker Jacks during that whole song; which is heck of fun! Break a leg, cast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Break a leg!