July 23, 2005

And when someone needs a makeover, I simply have to take over!

Clearly I have changed the look of my blog. I've been toying with the idea for awhile, actually. This is the 4th change since I started the blog in April of 2004. Hmmm . . . Too much viewing of Trading Spaces, perhaps? :) Actually, I wanted to add links and such. I would read about how to do it on blogger.com, but every time I did what it said to do in order to make these additions, it just didn't happen! I was probably not doing something right. I intend to fiddle with the color and the font as well. Seeing as I am a big fan of quotes, I have also decided to find a quote I like at least once a week, and put it on the side. Am I taking this whole blog thing way out of proportion? You be the judge!

Oh, family health, just in case you're curious. Grandpa's surgery to remove his cancerous growth went successfully. I was able to visit him a couple of times in the hospital. Kelsey's went okay, they discovered some cysts and such, and (I believe) a tumor which they were able to remove. Katie's brain surgery for which she had to be awake went well, and she claims to not be in any pain--this is the same surgery she had when she was 7 (she's 14 now), and it hurt her head so much that they couldn't brush her hair for a month. She has 3 more of these surgeries in the next month (they only got to do 15% of it this time). On Tuesday, my dad collapsed while at lunch with my mom. That shook me up more than the others, because my dad always seems to be in good health and he's so . . . solid. Even dads are succeptible to scaring you with health issues I suppose. Apparently he has some kidney stone problems again, and he's seeing a doctor about it on Wednesday. Yup, the same day as my mom's surgery for her stomach things she's been dealing with for the last year or so. It's a good time to be a part of the Brown/Smith family alright! I'm glad that my prayers have been answered the way I'd like them to be right now, but I'm still nervous, to be sure.

Oh, and something as of last night that I'm not entirely thrilled about for Crazy for You. We were doing some costume things at rehearsal. I kept having to try on hideous 1980's outfits that are supposed to pass for the 1940s. Umm, sure . . . I don't know if I'll get to keep the one that I ended up with, but it wasn't as bad as many of the others. But the part that I am seriously disturbed about. I apparently have to be a "Follies Girl" for a bit. Yeah, not only that, but I have to dance with them (HA!) and wear the "sailor" costume for "Zangler's Follies". This costume is an incredibly short skort, and a cropped "sailor" top. I have to show my torso? I might have to dance in this atrocity? I may have to don fishnets! I really wish I could throw up. I'm really not the sort who enjoys people to view her ghostly white and not-so-fit stomach. Sigh.

The title of this post is in honor of my new look. It comes from the song "Popular" from Wicked. Let me know what you think of this new look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! So bright and cheery. And thanks for the link...you're so sweet!

That's scary news about your dad. I know I would really be shaken up if something like that happened to my dad. Glad to hear that the doctors have a diagnosis.

And I got a chuckle out of your 'Wicked' lyrics...one of the groups at theatre camp this week is singing Popular, so I've been hearing it all week. Such a fun song!