July 26, 2005

Tonight, old boy [gal], you did it!

Thank you Chris! Thank you Devon! You two are phenomenal when it comes to computer/internet stuff. Very wonderful, unlike myself. Dev gave me some wonderful tips of how to fix my issues. Chris took the image, made it smaller and e-mailed it to me. HUZZAH!!!! Anne and the lucious Gilbert shall serve as my profile image! Thanks, you two, for helping me.

I had another rehearsal with Gary, Stephanie, and Jim today. For the same scene. It went well. I like what we've got now. On Friday, we took pictures for the poster. It will have Jim, Stephanie, myself, Rachel (Hodel), and Jen (Chava). I'm excited to see how they turn out. I'll post the picture (or the link if it is such a hassle) when I can.

I called the Douglas County School District today. I've called the school, and e-mailed the principal. I figured she was on vacation, so I'd be proactive about my suspense. Apparently they've hired someone for the position. Now, that's great. I wish it was me, simply so I'd have a job, but I'm sure the other person is going to do well. What bothers me is the fact that no one called me, nor did I receive a letter, e-mail, notification of any kind. So, I've been sitting on pins and needles for a month now, and they couldn't just let me know. Isn't there a law of some sort that would hold employers responsible for notifying applicants as to whether or not they will be hired? Seriously! I hope Pioneer High School works out, but I've not been able to contact that principal to see how it's going. I've decided to apply to the state as well. Carson City Library needs an Assistant Librarian. I may not have a lot of library experience, but I think that's what I want to get my Masters in so I can be a school librarian. I've helped my mom out throughout the years, so maybe that'll count for something? Sigh.

I'm driving my mom into her surgery tomorrow. I hope that goes well.

I'm also going to be housesitting for my aunt and uncle next week. Uncle Jacque is starting a new job, and will be living in the Sacramento area during the week and here on the weekends. Laurie is going to San Francisco with Aunt Susan, Uncle Scott, Katie, and Zach for Katie's next brain surgery. Jolly good fun!

Chris is thinking of directing The Taming of the Shrew in March at the BAC. Our production is sort of leaving us (Chris, Warren, Leoney, and myself) disappointed, so he wants to do it right. The BAC Stage Kids will be doing a Western farce on this show called The Taming of LaRue as kind of a pre-show for that. Chris has asked me to direct it. I'm definitely mulling over the possibility. I do enjoy directing, that's for sure. We'll see . . .

The title of this post is dedicated to both Dev and Chris. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lyrics come from the song "You Did It" from My Fair Lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always found it so irritating when prospective employers don't let you know if they've hired someone. Bah! Hope you have better luck on the next school.