July 25, 2005

I hope I get it!


Posted by Picasa

GAAAAH!!!!!!!! In my attempt to improve my blog, I thought this picture would be PERFECT for my profile (which I could display on the sidebar). But . . . noooooooooooooo! It won't work! Help, please? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Warren, Chris and I went up to Sand Harbor (part of Lake Tahoe for all of ye unfamiliar with where I live) to watch the production of A Comedy of Errors tonight. It was well performed and such. Even amusing at points. I just found the "humor" of the direction a bit overdone and certainly repetetive. Sigh. I've never read or seen this particular Shakespeare play. It (I deduced) had to be the inspiration for the 1980s film Big Business, with Lily Tomlin and Bette Midler. As for the other aspect of the night, we taught Warren how to play Phase 10 (an excellent card game). He was amusing to go with, because he kind of acted like a kid at the circus. He rented a chair. He had one of the staff use the shovel to dig a "ditch" for the chair, so it was more comfortable (this after we'd witnessed it being done for another and mocked it together). He bought a box dinner. He bought a program. He bought the juggling kit from the pre-show. He bought himself, Chris, and I each a deck of Shakespeare playing cards! Thanks, Warren! It was a fun evening.

And tomorrow? I'm probably going to Tahoe again, but with Kristen this time. Perhaps Christa who also goes to our church with us. Yeah! I love living so close to such an amazing place!

This lyric is from the song by the same title from the musical A Chorus Line. I selected it to show how much I hope I "get it" (figure it out), regarding my profile pic. I am not like the characters singing the song, hoping they'll be chosen for the chorus line of that particular Broadway musical.

4 comments:

Devon said...

Why don't you make that picture your profile picture. I think you can add it if you go to "Edit My Profile."

Lynette said...

I'd love to, but any time I've tried I get the same message: It can only hold 50 kilobytes. I'm not sure how to resize this in order to make it work. :( Blast!

Devon said...

google the image (not a website) and find one that is 50kbs or less. Click on "see full-size image" and copy the address if you like it. (This is slightly cheating since you create more work for their server, but.... *shrug* )

Devon said...

Okay, okay, if you want to be a good girl, then you should probably set up a free photo hosting account somewhere like photobucket.com and then link to your downloaded picture (which you still find on Google Images) from there.