July 08, 2005

Well I just heard . . .

Well, another week has gone by. Here I am--alive. I am actually at my Uncle Jacque and Aunt Laurie's house. Why you ask? I'll tell you . . . FAMILY REUNION!!!! I know some people dread them like the plague, but ours were always a blast when I was a kid. They're okay now. I am currently watching Snow White with my niece, cousin Zach, and Grandma Smith. My Grandpa (both sets are here now) Smith and I creamed my mom and Uncle Scott in Skip-Bo. Leigha, Cousin Kelsey and I had a ball dancing and singing along with Wicked. And I've only been here two hours.

So I had an interview today at Carson High School for an English position. It took about an hour. It was a panel interview. The head of the English department, one English teacher, and a Dean of Students interviewed me. I feel okay about this one as well. Still haven't heard from Pau-Wa-Lu yet, though. I should know more about Carson either later today or Monday. Fingers crossed, s'il vous plait! I do have one strike against me. My face.

My face has gone through a lot this year. Let's just say I've gone out a very little this week because I have a fear of children running away from me, traumatized for life, at the sight of me. An allergic reaction, blisters, sunburn, dry face, 2 canker sores . . . Yup, I am a sight hideous to behold. The Phantom has nothing on me! It also has the added bonus of being overly painful!!!! It has gone down quite a bit now.

I was in a parade at Virginia City on the 4th to promote Shrew. I forgot to wear sunscreen. But, it was fun to wear my costume. I felt quite pretty in it! I had to wear a cheap tiara with it. I decided that for the show, if I'm to wear the tiara, I want a sash that reads "Miss Padua, 1563" and that my platform will be the benefits of good hygiene--At least 3 baths a year! Fun times.

I had my first Fiddler rehearsal on Tuesday. It was just Jim (Tevye), Stephanie (Golde), and myself. I felt pretty good about it. I also have not one but all my costumes for the show--FOUR OF THEM!!!!!!!!!! When we did it at NNU (back in the day when it was still NNC; the last year it was), the only ones who had more than one costume were Motel and Tzeitel. They had a second costume each for their wedding. Certainly different than this production! The three of us are going to be in a publicity photo for Carson Magazine to promote the show. Maybe all that Miss Padua experience will help me out! :)

Leigha just told me something I don't want to forget.

"I'm the only special person in Colorado!"

"But your family is moving to Kansas right now. You don't live in Colorado anymore."

"But I'm still the only special one."

"Uh-huh."

Seriously, 5 year olds should be mentally examined!

So that's the news in Carson City from the perspective of Lynette. At least in my life. Lots o' fun! The title comes from lyrics from the song "The Rumor" from Fiddler on the Roof.

1 comment:

The Monkey Prince said...

Sounds like youre having a great time :)

Im glad.

I hope your face is feeling better. Im not out of book yet and I dont plan to be by tomorrow as I cant stand to look at the script, Im fine with it though (and I hope you are too).

See you soon.