August 07, 2005

One week, will it ever be right? Then out of the hat, it's that big first night!

The Taming of the Shrew opened on Friday. We've had two performances. We have one tonight. Then, there are only 6 more to go, with at least one pick-up rehearsal. Huzzah!

Actually, I think the show's been going about as well as it could be. Most people have memorized all of their lines and have been delivering them quite well. There are just three people whom it's hard to trust to know cues, and even some of their lines. I've been told of some changes to scenes right before I go on stage for that scene--thank you director. Oh well.

I still haven't heard anything from the school, so I suppose I'll hear tomorrow. I really hope so. Denise, the costumer for all of the WNMTC shows I've done so far, has called me and told me that there are still openings in the Carson City District. She's very nice, even though I know people who try to say otherwise. I've never had any trouble with her; just the opposite, in fact.

The title of this post comes from "Another Openin', Another Show" from Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate. Supposedly, the writer got the idea for the show while working with Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne in a show together! A great couple in the theatre who worked well together on stage. On stage, during the rehearsal process, was an entirely different story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I found your page on myspace and thought i'd send a quick "hello" and "how are you doing?" message!

tabbychapman@gmail.com is my email address.

hows life without NNU?