August 23, 2005

To go to a fancy nightclub and stay out after ten!

Tomorrow is the first day of school. EEEK!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so very nervous. Excited. Ready for the challenge. Wishing I were an ostrich who could bury my head in the sand. Sigh.

I also get to go to a VIP party-thing for the Tahoe Independent Film Festival! For free! The BAC is showing some of the films, so Chris got tickets. Ooh . . . I get to rub elbows with the independent elite. All I know is that if John Heder (sp?) is there, I'll be thrilled and probably follow him around quoting Napoleon Dynamite all night. Well, for the two hours the event lasts, but I'll brag about it during Fiddler rehearsal tomorrow evening.

Umm . . . I joined a gym today. My first time ever. I decided that I need to tone up a bit, particularly with my sliver of a piece of fabric for a costume(s) in Crazy for You. What is Bob thinking?????????? So I may get . . . something? Ah, I'll be in better shape. My clothes will fit better (not that there's much of a problem or anything). Taking care of God's temple and all that jazz.

The song lyrics are from "How Lovely to be a Woman" from Bye Bye Birdie. Kim MacAfee has just been "pinned" by her first boyfriend, and is dreaming of all the new experiences it will bring with it. I suppose since everything in this post is a first for me somehow, I feel it works.

No comments: