August 17, 2005

There are times I am not sure of what I absolutely know

Phew! It's amazing how one's life can change in the course of a week. I was hopping around in circles and singing for joy last week at this time, because I'd just learned that day that I had a job. Today, I'm up to my ears in insurance papers, binders with papers about The Framework for Teaching (which, thanks to NNU, I feel very familiar with), Carson City School District's policies, handbooks, Opportunity High School's policies, 3x5 notecards with various information, etc., etc., etc. (to quote Yul Brynner in The King and I).

I've been getting nervous about this position ever since the reality of it hit me. I just hope and pray that I have the strength and wisdom to do this job well. I've been praying about it a lot. I do think that it's what God wants me to do, but I can't help but realize how tough this will be. I think it'll be good, too, though. I will only be teaching about 4 1/2 hours a day, and the rest of time will be lunch and prep. I'm getting a signing bonus for the district and the state! I'll also be getting paid extra for doing detentions once every three weeks. I try not to be money obsessed, but considering that this is quite a leap up for me, I cannot seem to help it. The Lord is truly good!

We have finally begun real rehearsals for Fiddler. I'm excited for it. Jen and Rachel are such fun girls, and I do feel an older sister inclination towards the two of them (practice, perhaps?). Peter-Pedro (as I and several others call him) makes me laugh, and I think it'll be fun to play opposite of him. Lots of fun people are in the show with me. Yeah for fun shows!!!!!!!!

The title of this post comes from the song "A Puzzlement" from The King and I. It mirrors how I feel about this upcoming teaching position. Stand firm and strong, Lynette!

No comments: