August 03, 2005

Tell me where my desk is, when we eat lunch, how much I'll be paid . . .

I just got back from my interview at PHS/Opportunity High School. This is the first teaching interview of the summer where I have felt good about how I did. I don't think I did poorly at the other two, but this one felt different. I am hoping that that is a sign of some sort. I was able to tell them of some of my proud teaching moments--6th graders "doing" verbs, The Odyssey and The Iliad plays, the Anne Frank "grounding"--all of which they seemed impressed with. They asked me if I had to teach Health and English at the same time, how I might tie the two together. Literature! Literature is the answer! I said I could possibly pull in a Dickens novel, and study the two together, and have them do a project with both of the subjects. I hope they were impressed with me. I really need a job.

Dev, that dream sounds DREADFUL!!!! I'm sure your English Comp class will be nothing but top-notch teaching and preparation. :) I've had two weird dreams this week. On Saturday, I dreamt that I died. I died in bed. I was able to see initial responses from people, which was kind of cool. I also saw a bit of my funeral. Talk about creepy, huh? The other dream involved me posing as a teacher, but really being a spy. I was in Washington D.C. with two college friends whom I deduced were actually enemy spies. I was able to outswaggle them and escape their evil plot to kill me. Jennifer Garner has nothing on me!!!!!! :)

I fell last night during Shrew rehearsal. Let me rephrase that. I BIFFED IT at rehearsal last night!!!!!! I always wipe my face off after one scene where Michelle (Katherina) pours water on my head and powdered sugar in my face. I was running towards a house we use, and there was some rolled up carpet on the ground. I, of course, did not see it. I tripped and would have fallen face first if the stairs hadn't broken my fall. I landed on my left thumb, stubbed both of my big toes, hurt my left leg, skinned my right knee, skinned and bruised my right hip, skinned my right elbow, and seriously bruised my upper right arm (which now hurts if I lift something or move it upwards). I'm such a klutz!!!!!!

The title of this post is in my earnest hope that it will happen. The lyrics are taken from the song "The Speed Test" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

No comments: