May 03, 2005

It's May, it's May! That Gorgeous Holiday!

I'm so excited. It's supposed to be 73 degrees today! :) Yesterday, it got up to 65 degrees! It's almost like it's going to be spring for two days in a row. Sadly, tomorrow is supposed to be high 50s and rainy again; and stay that way for the rest of the week. URGH!! When is this "spring" supposed to happen????? I'd like some moment of transition between the winter and the summer. I fear it won't happen. Sigh.

Last night, Jeanne and I had dinner with the Jesses. Yeah for Gladys! She was in Mattress and Carousel with me. The day after we close BATB is when I begin housesitting for them. I'll be housesitting for them for three weeks. Jeanne and I will be staying in a huge house, with a spa, and a great dog for 20 glorious days--right up to graduation! And I'm getting paid. Could life be any better? I think not.

Today is exciting, too. Both Phantom of the Opera and Gilmore Girls Season 3 comes out. Huzzah! Season 3 is the only one I'm somewhat clueless about. It will be fun. I'm somewhat obsessed with the show, as one knows. So, in honor of the this great, witty show, I shall now choose a great quote to spread the joy that is Gilmore Girls, well, perhaps more than one. :)

"Think about this: cows never wrinkle! . . . the difference between cows and humans is hay! So, I've created a line of skin care products called Hay There!" Kirk

"Kirk, don't cows eat grass, too?" Lorelai

"Well, yes, sometimes, but I couldn't call the product Grass There!" Kirk

Kirk leaves

"We should really serve cocktails around him." Michael
or

"I can't do this." Paris

"What?" Rory

"Date. I'm not genetically set up for it!" Paris

"Not true." Rory

"I get no pleasure out of the prospect or preparation. I'm covered in hives. I've showered four times, and for what? For some guy who doesn't even have the brains to buy a Zagat, so we don't wind up in a resturant that's really just a front for a cocaine laundering ring?" Paris

or

"You found Willy Wonka? On the one hand, I'm glad it was in the rental store. On the other hand, what kind of world do we live in where people don't rent Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?" Lorelai

or

"Mom, I'm never going to leave again!" Rory

"Ah, that's my emotionally stunted girl!" Lorelai

Okay, that is enough Gilmorisms now. Perhaps later, I'll share the wit again.

Saturday was Stephanie's birthday. We ate at an overly posh resturant at the El Dorado. Chris and I carpooled (it's nice to have someone to carpool with about 2 blocks away), and left before Shani and Stephanie did. Apparently Stephanie's purse was stolen about 30 minutes after we left! And, it had Shani's car keys--who of course had driven them both there! Everything was gone, so it's pretty bad.

The title comes from the song "The Lusty Month of May," from Camelot. I hope that the weather improves about 4000%. I keep thinking positively, but it doesn't seem to work to well. Drat. Too bad Professor Harold Hill's "Think System" didn't really work.

No comments: