May 19, 2005

Something frenetic!

Silly Lynette, slow weeks don't exist! Here I thought--"Ah, I only have one rehearsal this week. I can relax." Relax? RELAX?????????????? What was I thinking? I have a pile of grading taller than me, still (though it's diminishing, the addition of the 11th/12th grade papers, and the 7th/8th Book Reports tomorrow will double the size!). I have a rehearsal tonight. I had dinner with Claudia, Jeanne, and Dave (Jeanne's housesitting for Claudia and Dave this weekend). I have to meet with Gladys and Herb, because my housesitting job begins on Monday. I tutor Jason twice. I had to shop for the Author's Tea (Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!). I had dinner with my family. I also threw in grading, a trip to Barnes and Noble, dinner with Chris and Jeanne. Breathing? Sleeping? Eating? Occasional breaks for fun reading? Not really. It'll be nice to sit and say, "Hmm . . . what can I do now?" I miss that luxury.

And no, in case you're wondering, my schedule does not slow down! Rehearsals for Shrew begin, auditions for Fiddler on the Roof and Crazy for You are creeping up soon. Grades, end of the year goofiness, etc.

Oh, I am getting excited about the Tony Awards this year. Much as I like Sutton Foster, as everyone knows, I'm really rooting for Victoria Clark to get Best Actress in a Musical. She's long overdue! Also, overly kind! In high school, I saw her in Titanic on my first trip to NYC. I was so impressed, that I was the nerd who occasionally wrote to Broadway stars. She wrote back! I still have the letter, it was actually more than she probably should have written. It was an actual "sit-down and write this random kid in Colorado a letter that will make her month!" So kind. Plus, she's a redhead!!!! I was sad that I didn't get to see her in Urinetown as Penelope Pennywise (I missed her by a month! Carolee Carmello was amazing, though). Anyway, there are some interesting contenders this year. I find it hilarious that Spamalot is leading the nominations! And, Hugh Jackman will be fun as the host again. If for no other reason than something appealing on the screen! ;)

The title comes from "Comedy Tonight" from A Funny Thing Happened to on the Way to the Forum. I feel consumed by obligations at the moment. But excited by them, too! Like tomorrow! I get to have tea for an hour with Charles Dickens, Charlotte and Emily Bronte, C.S. Lewis, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, and C.S. Forester! How cool is that?

No comments: