May 31, 2005

The Music of the Night

Devon did this, and passed the baton to me. Seeing as I like almost anything that allows me to procrastinate somehow (dreadful habit formed in college which I cannot seem to shake), I'll indulge.



1. The person who passed the baton to you.
Devon, whose highly entertaining blog can be read at talkofsummertime.blogspot.com

2. Total volume of music files on your computer.
I've actually not done a lot of this. I probably have about two or so CDs fully recorded, ready to be burned on my computer. I mostly use the computer for the internet and for saving my volumes of tests, study guides, project/paper outlines . . .

3. The title and artist of the last CD you bought.
I found a Fernando Ortega CD I didn't have, and was kind of in a harried mood. So I bought it. I don't know about anyone else, but I find his style and voice very soothing. I needed it this last week.

4. Song playing at the moment of writing.
Song in my head? The CD player? Right now, Charlotte Church is singing "Voi che sapete" in English ("Tell Me What Love Is"). In my head, I'm rehearsing my audition song "Hold On".

5. Five songs you have been listening to of late (or all-time favorites, or particularly personally meaningful songs).
Keep in mind that this changes a heck of a lot. Lately, I'm in a random mode.

1. "On My Own" from Les Miserables
2. "You Raise Me Up", ah, Josh Groban
3. "Let's Fall in Love" on a CD my Aunt Laurie burned for me, but I don't know who the singer is.
4. "I'll Be Seeing You", sung by the astounding Ann Hampton Calloway
5. "Anthem" sung by Anthony Warlowe

6. The five people to whom you will ‘pass the musical baton.’
Kelly, Chris, Janina, Kelsey, Esther

The title is from the song from The Phantom of the Opera. As if you didn't know! Cheers!

No comments: