May 31, 2005

Auditions!

Well, I'm back from yet another round o'auditions. Yeah for me. I decided to audition for both of the shows at the last minute. I figured it couldn't hurt, and it might prove amusing to try for it, right?

So I sang fairly well, even with the accompaniest messing up after about a measure and a half and asked to start over (and she even had a copy of the sheet music with her). At least it wasn't me! :) Janina was there, and made her big sister proud. My 8th grader, Tess, also did a good job.

And, I got called back. I didn't even put any parts down on my audition sheet, because I didn't feel overly passionate about anything. I figured that Crazy for You was a no-go (though it would be fun to work with Bob again). A daughter would be fun in Fiddler on the Roof, but so would the chorus.

Well, I did get called back; for both shows!!! I got a callback for the roleTzeitel, and so did Nina! That'll actually be fun, I think. I also got a callback for Polly--and I find out Friday after two vigorous days of callbacks. Ugh.

The title of this post comes from the song of the same title from Forbidden Broadway. Fun stuff!

No comments: