May 10, 2005

Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar

Hell week has officially had a great kick-off. We couldn't do a run through last night because for the first time in the 15 years of the company, the Community Center had a meeting in the theatre, so we couldn't get in until 8. We didn't start rehearsing until 9, of course. We just ran "Belle" and "The Mob Song", though we did rehearse our "Ba-da-bop-bop"s for "Be Our Guest." From here on out, I'll be stunned if I get home before 11.

And, I might have pink eye (though it's the worst case scenario, and I really don't think I do). I noticed after I got home yesterday that my right eye was pretty red between the iris and the part where your skin starts, right next to the nose. Lovely. It had felt dry for three or so days--really dry, so I was rubbing it more than usual. Anyway, last night, everyone thought I'd been crying! I thought perhaps it was allergies. Amy, a friend in the chorus, is a pediatritian and said it looked like pink eye. Alisha, another chorus member, is a pre-school teacher and started asking rapid-fire questions:

"Does it itch?"
"No."
"Does it burn?"
"No."
"Does it feel like you've been punched?"
"No."
"Well, maybe it's not pink eye."

Amy suggested that perhaps my contact had irritated it, or (less likely, since it's only affecting one eye) that it's allergies. She was very concerned about the potential pink eye, though, so she's going to check it out tonight. If she still thinks so, she said she'd prescribe something. And, if I want a second opinion, I could ask Dave (Cogsworth), since he's also a doctor. I think it looks less red today, so I'm praying that I'm not sick.

Dave got some fun pictures, so he said he'd make me copies. I may scan a few of them at my parent's house, and put them up. It would be good, since I've talked about these people a lot, and then the readers could have visuals. It would also be great, so then I can show off our costumes. Overall, I think they look good.

Oh, and I'm singing at WNCC's graduation, now! Stephanie A. asked me last week at rehearsal. Apparently it's supposed to be somewhat hush-hush from the cast. Whatever. Dave, Leoney, Maria and I will be singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel. I think that'll be a fun group. Each of them is very strong musically, so here's hoping I can keep that alto line strong!

I'm also serving as a chaperone for the 8th grade graduation trip to Great America in June. Seeing as I am their homeroom teacher, I'm okay with it. It may be an overnight trip, and I'd only have to pay for food and souveniers (if I so choose). Yeah! Good times to be had.

Since I look awkward with a half red eye behind my glasses (I've gotten several comments today), and I'm always off running, this title is from "Belle" in Beauty and the Beast. Oh, and I don't feel so hot about my performance on the three tests from Saturday. I'll know in six weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: