June 29, 2005

How to apply for a job!

I'm so weary of applications. I'm tired of waiting. I'm sick of drooling over school district websites at the hint of any English positions. In short, I'm sick of unemployment! Ugh. The Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School, I should know next week whether or not I'm moving forward in the interview process (it's taken longer than the principal anticipated). I've filled out information. I've had to reveal my g.p.a.'s from high school, college, and those of my parents and grandparents, and . . . I've written essays. I've gathered transcripts, letters of intent, resumes, letters of recommendation, test scores, etc. I'm so ready to be done with this crap. Why doesn't some infinitely wealthy person decide to set me up for life, knowing that I'd be responsible with the money? I would continue to work, but just doing stuff I always have wanted to do. Teach. Be an actress, singer, travel agent, historian, author, etc.

So, let's see . . . oh! Here's a bit of possible excitement. I found out through Juliana (Belle) something that I may be VERY keen on. She's going to AMDA in August (the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in NYC), but she's kept tabs on this area theatre-wise. I'm going to e-mail the guy and find out more, but apparently someone is trying to do Les Miserables here! In December. I would love to do it, but with Taming of the Shrew being in August, Crazy For You in late September/early October, The Last Five Years in October (Chris is doing it; I'd love to help seeing as that show is AWESOME!), and Fiddler on the Roof in November, I don't know how feasible this is. Like I said, I'll learn more.

And, since I've been in this mopey, emotionally icky phase of late, I'm trying to remain upbeat and positive. One way to do this is to thank friends who have stood out in significant ways to me lately.

*Diane, Crissi, Chris S., Linda, Don--Each of these people attend my church. Each of them touched me in some way this weekend at or after the service. The teaching this week really hit home, and I was blubbering by the end. A dam broke, and I could not regain control. It was pretty bad. Diane and Crissi prayed and talked with me in very encouraging ways. Crissi didn't seem to notice my party-pooper attitude at her surprise birthday party on Friday. Chris and Linda both reached out to me in their own unique ways. Don was just . . . Don. I love each of these people. I am so fortunate to attend a church with people like them in the congregation!

*Stephanie--She's willing to spend long periods of time either talking to me or IMing me. She's even willing to make the both of us laugh, despite her cold which makes it painful to do so. She's also willing to be patient with me as we slowly evolve this plan to visit Merci in Utah soon.

*Leoney--For being my 4th Lucentio, but being the one who will stick it out! Thanks, buddy! He's also encouraging me a lot. It means a lot to me, fraternal initial twin!

*Kelly--Loved your postcard! I adore getting "real mail" and it was fun to get a snippet of what was going on in you life then!

*Esther--Who keeps trying to entice me to move to Boston to be her roommate through postcards. The poem was hysterical, and my immense jealousy at her being so close to PEI recently has made me really consider taking the plunge and being a travel companion.

*Chris W.--Always encouraging, positive, and supportive of me. For being okay with me drenching your shoulder with my tears. For making me laugh and feel good about myself. For always telling me the truth, even when it sucks. For listening to the truth, even when it sucks. For spending time with me. For reading with me. For never losing faith in me.

*God--For sending me rough patches that force me to grow spiritually, emotionally, in character, and in maturity. For giving me so many amazing friends; I know I'm blessed and don't deserve them. For allowing me to lean on Him any time of the day or night. For reassuring me that I will be taken care of. For loving me, unconditionally. For comforting me.

Now that I'm done with sounding like a book dedication, I shall reveal what you're all dying to know. The title of this post comes from the song "How to Succeed" from the musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better! Aren't supportive friends the best? How would people survive without them?

And good luck on the job search. Definitely can be a stresser, but I'm sure God will line up the perfect school for you!

PS: thanks for that email of songs. It was quite helpful!