October 22, 2004

Blue skies, shining on me . . .

Well, irony is something that will never fail to fascinate me. I am still in shock.

This week has been icky for so many reasons at work. Today was the earliest I came home, about 4:15. What with the bloody Bookfair and being the "official" Volleyball Scorekeeper at home games, I pretty much lived at CCS. I've also been a little sleep deprived this week, so it hasn't been my best. I still agree with everything I said in the last blog, and I don't think any of this frustration filtered its way into the entry.

But, I ended up getting a date in spite of it! Go figure! My friend Chris, who was our Prince Dauntless, and I are going out on Monday. He asked, even after he read the blog entry. :) He, too, was an English major and shares my random sense of humor. I'm nervous about this, but I'm also excited. I enjoy spending time with him, so I think it will be fun.

Oh, my mom called me right before my Carousel rehearsal today. Those of you who think of it, I would very much appreciate any and all prayers for my cousin Will. He is going to be 20 on Christmas day, and he's the one who's a sniper in Iraq at the moment. My mom said that he was recently awarded a Medal of Valor, which is given to people who go out of their way to help another soldier, even when it means danger for themself. Though I'm excited (and not at all surprised about it), I also learned something else. He is being sent on a mission, and he can't tell anyone where it is. My aunt said when she talked to him, he was very serious about what he said and specifically asked for prayers. Will is a wonderful person, and though my family supports him (I come from a family of a deep running sense of patriotism who completely support serving the United States), we are also very scared. Thank you.

The title is from an Irving Berlin song by the title of "Blue Skies." It was used in several songs, but you can't beat Bing and Danny Kaye singing it in White Christmas. Bing singing anything is untouchable!

No comments: