November 09, 2004

Kids! Who can understand anything they say?

I have decided that my students are some of the most random and hilarious people that God ever created. This is not an exaggeration. Just today, here are three examples of the group I'm dealing with:

1) A 7th grade boy asked, "Miss Brown, can I call you Charlie?"
"Pardon me?"
"Can I call you Charlie?"
"Why?"
"You know! Charlie. Brown. Get it?"
" ," (my silent staring and gaping).
"Get it?"
"Yes, I get it. No, you may not call me Charlie!"
"Why not?"

2) A tenth grader raised her hand in class today, "Miss Brown, I have a question mark."
"Where?"
"Huh?"
"Where is your question mark?"
"What? OH! I meant that I have a question!"

3) The entire 7th grade class has decided to call themselves the tribe of Meegyptions. I'm not completely certain as to how this came about, but they have decided that this is what they are. 7th graders (ironic and amused look on face with a shake of my head is still occurring)!

Yes, the students are odd, but highly amusing. Thought I'd share it. Alex Biber, a high schooler at CHS has told me that he loves talking to me at rehearsals and performances because of the stories I tell about my students. I've told him about the journal I have not consistently kept as well as I would like. This journal is getting filled with random statements and such that the students entertain me with. He's decided that I should write a book, filled with these quotations, because he wants a copy!

So, the title comes from Bye Bye Birdie. It's been one of my favorite musicals to perform in. We had a fun cast, amazing director, and awesome audiences. In one of theose great moments where life imitates art, we happened to have a celebrity attend the show. Our Kim MacAfee, Kansas Carradine, happens to be the daughter of David Carradine (of Kung Fu fame). The silly way the actors were behaving onstage towards Conrad Birdie was only a little exaggerated compared to the way the people of Exeter responded to a movie star at the performance. Oh, it was funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are amused with your student! I will treasure that complement forever! LOL you make me laugh....but it still bothers me...if we were soooo amusing...why did u leave us? :(

~Ashlee

Anonymous said...

We are very funny, uh ,you never got over those commets about your head looking like its on fire.
luv ya

Anonymous said...

We are very funny, uh ,you never got over those commets about your head looking like its on fire.
luv ya