November 27, 2004

Jeanie's Packin' Up! Jeanie's Movin' Out . . .

. . . to my house! Okay, so I kinda changed the lyrics, but that was only for this part! Kristen has moved her stuff back to Dayton. She is wanting to save money, so she's moved back into her parents house. Her brother Joey was willing to give up the privalage of having his own room because he was so excited for Kristen to come back. Not many brothers would do that, particularly 13 year old boys! So, Jeanne Hyde (who does happen to go by the name Jeanie) has become my new roommate. I moved all my stuff across the hall (Yes, I claimed the bigger bedroom. I am a selfish person.), and have put the big stuff away. It'll be nice living with someone who teaches the same kids I do.

Thanksgiving was fun. Jacque, Laurie, Janina, Jessica, Jason, Leigha, and Brianna all gathered with me at the Brown residence in Dayton. Jessica and I actually got along! I only had to bite my tongue about three times. I can't remember the last time we got along so well. It was great. We actually made each other laugh, and were able to have civil conversations. YES!!!!!!!!! Brianna and I also got to bond. Every time I held her, she was laughing or grinning. She likes her aunt Lynette! I don't know if there is anything more rewarding than a baby choosing to smile and laugh with you. Seriously. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Leigha went nuts when I came over. We also did Christmas while I was there. She is still thanking me for the Tinkerbell doll I gave her. She told me she loves me, because I give her presents. Isn't that sweet. I guess that is true adoration and love in a four year old's mind. I can't believe that she'll be five in January! Time flies so quickly.

Ooh! Another exciting thing has happened to me! I'm losing my voice!!!! I don't know what it is, but before my voice completely goes (Which I am trying to avoid, I even refrained from singing tonight at church for the most part! That's really saying something.), I love the rougher version that comes out of my mouth. It is so fun to speak with; somewhat like an accent. Tony, who was Mr. Snow in Carousel, had larengytis the last week of the show. I have only had a slightly sore throat since Sunday, so I'm kinda wondering if that's what I have. My voice has been going since Wednesday. I do hope it'll be back on Monday, so I can teach. But for now, I'll just enjoy the ill-sounding Lynette.

Well, that wraps up what I want to say for now. Actually, there are about 14 other things, but I'll live. The lyrics come from a song titled (what else?) "Jeanie's Packin' Up" from Brigadoon. That was a fun musical to do! I loved playing Meg. I learned that NNU had done this show about 3-4 other times, but I was the very first person to play the character of Meg Brockie! Apparently, she was too "racy" for previous versions! We toned her down A LOT, but I sure had a ball being a flirt with Ben Stecker. Especially after our Russian Bond from You Can't Take It With You, and our whole bit of dialogue concerning his ex-fiance who ran off with a Russian in Brigadoon. Oh the irony.

No comments: