November 03, 2004

What is this feeling? So sudden. So new.

This week has been so different from the last two. For some reason, I feel more relaxed. Odd, perhaps, but true. I should feel more stressed, according to any normal standards. However, I (on occasion) don't feel the way society says I should about certain things. The couple of times I've gone on a date, I do feel flattered (as society dictates), but I can't help but wonder why I was asked. In high school, when I went onstage without buttoning the front of my dress, I should have been embarrassed; but since I didn't make it a big issue, and not a lot of people noticed, so I wasn't. Now during a high stress week, I'm feeling oddly normal. I haven't lost my keys once (always a sign that I am more stressed than usual)!

This week entails many stressful events. 1) Report cards being distributed (I finished them already!). 2) Parent/Teacher conferences (2 down, 1 to go). 3) Carousel (Tonight was our first run-through, and we open Saturday. It only took us about 3 1/2 hours with intermission! Not bad for the first time!). 4) Matt and Crissy's wedding on Saturday, with a rehearsal Friday. 5) Prepping for a substitute on Friday. 6) Getting essays today from the jr. highers which need to be graded by tomorrow (I'm half done!). Yet, I am cool, collected, and calm. Nothing seems to phase me this week--go figure!

Oh, and I must say that I'm happy about the outcome of the election! Huzzah for Bush!!!!! It was fun getting to do the electronic voting at Dayton High School. It was so simple; I'm sure that Florida could have benefitted from this during the last election! It was also funny to wait in the line with local small town folks. I forgot how amusing these people can be when gathered together in such a fashion. I don't know if anyone watches "Gilmore Girls." It is really the only show I watch regularly when I can. The people of Star's Hollow crack me up on that show. Daytonites reminded me of them.

So, overall, Carousel is going well. Leoney is doing an amazing job as Billy--when he sings "Soliloquy," it always brings tears to my eyes. I am not exaggerating, either. That song is just amazing; really the first time that Billy is ever portrayed as a human being with feelings in the show. Bob has this interesting thing he's trying for the show. It's known as "Smell-a-Rama." He wants to have scents that should be associated with the scene performed onstage to permeate through the audience. Example: For "A Real Nice Clambake," he wants the audience to smell fish! I thought it was a joke, but apparently it's truly going to happen. Chris, you'll have to let me know how it goes, since I never go out into the house for any scene. Better yet, leave a comment so the others can read your opinion of this experiment.

The title comes from the amazing show Wicked. I love it! It's from the song "What is this Feeling?" Janina and I like singing it together, because it's funny to sing. "Loathing. Unadulterated loathing. For your face, your voice, your clothing. Let's just say, I loathe it all . . ." Our parents roll their eyes, but since Janina and I have had approximately 3 arguments throughout our life as sisters, we get a kick out of it.

No comments: