March 07, 2005

A Mouthful of Cheer!

So, yesterday I saw South Lake Tahoe High School's production of Noises Off. I loved it! This show is one of my absolute favorite comedies. I'm sure many people could say so, but if you've done any theatre at all (or are as obsessed with it as I), it is about 1,000x more hysterical. I saw it first while in high school. The Picketwire Players in La Junta (one of the local community theatre groups) put it on, and we knew several cast members. My entire family saw it, and could not stop laughing! We talked to T.V. Hagenah (who played Selsdon in that show) and he mentioned something about the movie. That weekend we rented it, and laughed all over again. It had a good cast: Carol Burnett, John Ritter, Michael Caine, Christopher Reeves, Marilu Henner to name a few. Anyway, in London, Devon and I were going to see it. We agreed to see it after one weekend when she traveled. I was poring over my theatre guide, and learned of a travesty--the show was closing that weekend!!!!! I took myself down, bought a student ticket for the night before they closed. It was amazing.

So, SLTHS did a fine job, and Drake built an amazing set! Bubba was great as Freddy. Josh played a great Tim. I talked to him afterwards, only to learn he'd taken over the part on Sunday! Bri was the stage manager (which has got to be crazy with this show) and the assistant director to Nanette. Oh, I loved it. And the set was great--revolving between acts with the help of many cast and techies. Good times.

After, Chris and I decided to get something to eat. The weird guy has gone back to his vegetarian state, after a little stint with poultry. Go figure. Anyway, he used to live in Tahoe, and apparently discovered a great Vegetarian Resturant there. We went; it was literally called the Sprouts Cafe! Oh my. I ordered a Hummus Melt--which was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll have to make these on occasion to please my already spoiled taste buds. It was a bagel, lots of hummus, avacado, red and green onions, jack cheese with a little bit of pepper on top--heated up. MMMM. I couldn't finish it there, so I brought the second half home. I heated it up for lunch today, and bragged of my delicious lunch to everyone I found, which ranged from Mr. Libby to one of my students making up her test for me. I'm certain everyone else was immensly jealous of my great meal. If Jen Hill or Kara ever come out, I'll have to take them there for a meal, knowing their obsession with hummus. They used to make up impromptu songs about how amazing hummus is. They actually introduced me to it, which I have been grateful for since! I may like meat too much to become a vegetarian, but things like that are certainly a credit to vegetarians!

The title comes from the musical and movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the song "Toot Sweet." Charming film, and show. Fun number. The hummus melt filled my mouth with cheer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. :) I am glad that your hummus bagel was such a gratifying experience. I personally have discovered canned chicken and dumplings, which, while not like Mom makes them, are pretty good. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Lynette:

It is good to be remembered for Noises Off. It was a fun show. Give my regards to your family.

TV Hagenah