March 27, 2005

In your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it . . .

Happy Easter everyone! I love this holiday! I love the reason for the holiday (obviously). I love the special church events. I love the family gatherings (even if I am getting orphaned). I love the spring-themed things. I love the food. Everything seems lovelier around Easter.

I did something today which I have not willingly done for the duration of my memorable life. I bought an Easter dress today (which isn't the unusual thing). It is quite pretty, a sage dress with cream ribbons and flowers on it (not as babyish as it may sound), an empire waist and knee length. Due to this loss of weight, I'm back to the size I was in high school--yeah! Anyway, I bought the dress at Maurice's. I like clothes from Maurice's, but some of their clothes are a bit more, ahem, revealing than I care to expose. I bought a cardigan with the dress, so I wouldn't feel quite as exposed at church tonight in my slip dress.

The cardigan is the the unusual thing. It is a pink cardigan. Rather, it is coral. I do not wear pink. However, I've been told it looks okay on me, and people were not inclined to puke at the sight of my red hair against the pink. I was given compliments for it, so I guess there are shades of pink that I can wear. Who'd have thunk it? :) Kristen went with me for our Easter dress shopping, and was about to burst with excitement at the thought of me in pink. She dragged me to every soul in church and said, "LOOK! Lynette's in PINK!!!!!!!!!" Wow. My parents were in San Diego, so it will be a shock for them, I'm sure. Well, my mom anyway. The shock will be if my dad even notices.

Spring Break has started officially, and I am glad. Kids were getting back to some pretty stupid and immature behavior. Moreso than usual. It ranged from jr. highers stealing eggs with candy from the Kindergartners to sneaking off campus and taking a cat from someone's house! I couldn't believe the true stupidity of their actions. Yes, the teachers could tell that the break was very close by!

So, I should wrap up this post. I'm very tired. I am getting over my hindering cold, which was annoying. I am awfully glad that it is almost over. The title comes from the song "Easter Parade," which was written by Irving Berlin. I believe it was used in a Follies show, but it was also used in the movie I'm watching as I type this: Easter Parade. It stars Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, Ann Miller, and Peter Lawford. It's fluff, but cute. Right now, it's in the "We're a Couple of Swells" number, which is actually kinda funny. Judy Garland may be known for her singing, but I have to say that she was actually a decent dancer in everything I've seen her in. Just an observation for the woman who was exploding with talent (Very funny if you watch her facial expressions and comedic timing. A good actress, if you get her in some of her non-cheesy musicals. Brilliant singer.), who (and this is a fact) couldn't read a note of music when MGM signed her to a contract at the age of 14. Happy Easter! Christ is risen, He's risen indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pink, and enjoy your spring break. My Easter tradition (sort of like your birthday luck) held true this year; I was trapped, losing my mind, with my grandparents and a really bad sore throat/cold. :) I'm back now, though, so I can read all of the posts that you'll have time to put up now that you're on vacation!