March 08, 2005

Oh the things you can think!

Understandably, I did just write an entry yesterday, but so many things have been said since that I feel compelled to share them with anyone and everyone. All student related, of course. My life without students would certainly be more bland than it is at present, that's all I have to say!

1) Yesterday, I got my second marriage proposal of my life. The first one I got was when I was 16, from Andrew Dickenson--a10 year old I was in shows with. I said yes to him, because he gave me a hatful of money (if anyone wants the explanation, I'd be happy to share, but it is quite irrelevant beyond this point of my story). Anyway, yesterday, the 7th graders came in. Andrew said, "Ms. Brown? Have I told you today that I love you?"
"Why, no Andrew, you haven't. Thank you."
"Ms. Brown, I think we should get married. Will you marry me?"
"No, I don't think so."
"But I think we'd be great together!"
"I disagree. Sorry."

2) Students answers on their Bible tests from last Friday. We're currently studying chapter 14, the second part of chapter 13; all about Sampson. Last week it was about his being a Nazarite, his strength, and his first engagement to a Philistine. This week is Delilah. Anyway, I was grading Bible tests today and died laughing several times. Here are some examples:
Question: How was Sampson's birth announced?
Student Answer: Through an intercom?
Question: What was unique about this announcement?
Student Answer: Intercoms hadn't been invented yet.

Question: What can we learn from this chapter?
Student Answers (I've put in my three favorites): Don't ever trust girls. Don't believe your fiancee. Never marry a Philistine.

3) Ann just finished teaching Much Ado About Nothing to the the 8th graders. On one of her quizzes, she recently put on the question: "What was Dogberry's first question?" One of our students put, "Wazzup?" He's going to be a professor of English Literature, with his emphasis being Shakespeare, I just know it!

The title of today's post comes from a song of the same title from Suessical the Musical. I've not seen it, but the music I've heard is adorable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's so cute. :) You have two marriage proposals on me, anyway! It sounds like teaching has its rewards...

Anonymous said...

suessical the musical is a terrific musical, see it sometimes

Anonymous said...

sometime****