June 17, 2004

It's a lazy afternoon . . .

Yes, those of you attempting to figure out each of my title lyrics, this one is a toughie! It's from a show in the 1940s called "The Golden Apple." The only other thing I know about it is the fact that Kaye Ballard sang the song.

I just wanted to say that I went to Lake Tahoe today, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I always forget the beauty that is a mere 30 minutes away from where I live, until I get there. I wish I could have been one of the people who discovered it! I love imagining how they must have come through what is now Carson City (and oh so blah), trekking up the mountain to discover such a natural beauty. God must have enjoyed making this part of the earth. He sure outdid himself. If you would like to see His masterpiece, come visit!

So, it was an afternoon of working on my logic puzzles, reading more from "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn," walking along the beach in the water, climbing rocks in my bare feet (tender feet should just not exist!), and eating at a lovely resturant called Schimbalshanks (I believe. It reminded me of Skimpleshanks the Railway Cat from "CATS). All in all, a loverly day.

Tomorrow, it's all about Bush! Oh, and Hailey Nugeant will be spending the night at our house. She's the 4 year old daughter of the other 2nd grade teacher, Keri. The Nugeants are moving back to Mammoth, and need to finish their packing and cleaning. Kristen offered to take Hailey for the day. Seeing as she's a doll and (in her own words) "A really good sleeper," we had no qualms about this arrangement.

Au revoir!

No comments: