June 24, 2004

Who's the girl who's gettin' the wows? Who's the girl who's the girl who's takin' the bows?

Once again, this is a later lyric from "It's Me!" from Me and Juliet. I don't know if it needs to be said, but I felt great after tonight's callback. I don't know if I'll get Winnifred, but I performed at my best, so I don't have to regret anything.

I joined with the dance audition at 6 pm. It was fairly simple (the same as last night), and I got it. I realized later I wasn't smiling as much as I normally would, so I felt a tad stupid about that.

I wasn't alone tonight! Laura, a lady I've sung in the choir with at church, was there! I love that lady. We sat together. She was there for the role of Queen Aggravain (the role Katie Nicklos played). She was hysterical. I really think she was the best, so I hope she gets it. She said that she wasn't intending to stay in the show if she didn't, just because of the time commitment.

I read for Winnifred three times. There were only four of us who did. There were about 8 of us who were called back for Winnifred. One of the girls, Mercy, I liked her voice, but I think it may have been too "operatic" for the role. I tried to come off as physically rough girl, because Princess Winnifred grew up in a swamp. She's a tomboy. I felt good about singing "Shy." Yeah!

Lady Larken was a joke. I didn't read for her at all! They called us up to sing for her two separate times, about 2 hours apart from each other. I hate singing high, since I really don't feel comfortable doing it. I warmed up all day, and practiced with my tape that my wonderful father plunked out for me. I wasn't as satisfied with it as I was with "Shy," but I felt that I hit the notes pretty well. The second time we went up, the girl who was next to me (who I think may have played Anita when they did West Side Story), said "I don't want to be at the end like last time." Then she looked at me, "I don't think I want to go after her, either!" I was surprised, but felt that I had received a compliment.

I find out tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: