June 27, 2004

Starting out so foolishly small, it's hard to believe you will grow at all!

I realize that it may seem as though I'm in a blogging frenzy at the moment, but I promise to cool it. However I have BIG news that I must share. I'm an aunt again!

Last night, at 9:12 Colorado time, my sister Jessica gave birth to her second daughter and child. I would have written about this last night, but my brother-in-law and sister are a tad strange in the naming department. They didn't name my niece (the famous Leigha Anne Robins) until 12 or so hours after she was born. This was the case with my new niece Brianna Morgan Robins. Apparently they want to see their babies to see "what name fits." Whatever. Anyway, she was 8 lbs. 4 oz., has blue eyes, chubby cheeks, long fingers and toes, and dark hair that looked curly last night.

My sister had a tough delivery (over nine hours!), had to be put on oxegyn and given an epideral. She's exhausted, so I didn't get to talk to her today when I called to learn the baby's name. Leigha talked to me and told me she loved her sister, that she was more fun out of her mommy's tummy than in. Good! Leigha's 4 1/2 now, and had a huge range of feelings about the baby. She was the only grandchild on either side of her families. She wanted a boy (named either Johnny Depp or Peter Pan), and was mad for a long time when she learned the baby was a girl (which she wanted to name Cutie Pie). She learned she'd have to "share her grandma" which I believe almost pushed her over the edge. Now she is excited, so I'm glad.

That's all. Enjoy your days, and the title's lyrics from "I've Seen it Happen Before," from the odd Greek-theatre type musical Allegro by Rodgers and Hammerstein. I have another niece! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks for calling me, my cousin! This is so cool :) Hey, I love ya. (btw, this is Kelsey)

Devon said...

Congrats! You know this post title thing you have going on is kind of like that game we used to play in Marriott, where someone would say a word, and we had to think of a song title that included it. Remember? Of course, you always kicked everyone's butt. :)