June 15, 2004

There's No People Like Show People . . .

Okay, so Luis Palau was awesome. I did get to drive around Toby Mac, Sarah Kelly, Point of Grace (who decided to call me Maria Andretti), the Catinas, Kutlass, many of the skateboarders and bikers, along with other members of the Palau team. I really had a fun time. I got to hear some great stories, meet people in the area, and had my junior highers stalk me once they saw my backstage pass! How funny.

So I am applying like mad to any place that has any sort of rumor of even hiring. I truly despise summer jobs. Ah, well, it's money to pay rent, college loans, credit cards, cell phone and the electric bill. Ick. Being grown up is not always what it is cracked up to be.

OOH! But there is one aspect that is pretty cool! Awesome opportunities which I can take advantage of. My family is going into Reno for lunch on Friday. "Why?" you may ask. I'll tell you why. Bush and Cheney are going to be here, and we're going to a fundraising lunch for the Republican party! I'm so excited!

So my celebrity summer continues. I had no clue that anything of the sort was going to happen. Next week--COLIN FIRTH! I wish. Two weeks into the summer and I'm still rubbing elbows. I'm excited to see what else is in store.

Oh, and I've recently begun to reread A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Excellent novel by Betty Smith. I would advise everyone to read it. I am thinking of having one of my high school classes read it next year. Enjoy the world of Francie Nolan.

No comments: