June 08, 2005

How does he feel? You ask how he feels?

I got this last night, and decided to do nothing with it until I completed my grading. Guess what? It's done!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER have to grade another thing from the 2004-2005 school year! What a relief!

Anyway, I read it on Steph's blog (http://creaturebug.typepad.com/) and thought it sounded fun! I met Steph and Sydney (the adorable baby on the banner of the blog) when I went to Oregon over Christmas Break. It's always fun to meet people you know you'll instantly like. I'd heard about Steph so much through Dev in college. I began to follow her blogging adventures. She's a former English teacher, loves theatre, and has red hair as well. Three things I've found to be very endearing in anybody! :)

So, here I go!

1. What personal flaw do you detest in others? And why?

There are a few that always seem to drive me nuts. One of the most detestable qualities I've found in people is narrow-mindedness. I hate it!!! It leads to intolerence, hate crimes, insensitivity, limited education and so many horrible things. I do not think that a person should be so broad-minded that absolutely everything can be found acceptable. Either extreme shows a lack of intelligence; narrow-mindedness shows too much stubborness, and extreme broad-mindedness shows a lack of strength to have convictions. I do think that a person should be able to listen maturely to a well presented side (whether or not he or she agrees) and form an opinion based on beliefs mixed with a little experience and study. This educated approach is much worthier of my respect.

2. What's your dream Broadway musical role (currently running or not)? Why?

If I were Tony, I guess I'd have 200+ since he has a dream role for every show. But I'm not Tony, nor do I wish to be so. There are roles I'd like to play (like Tzeitel). There are roles I'd love to play (like Anna Lenowens in The King and I). But, I'd say I have very few dream roles. One that stands out to me at the moment would have to be Eponine in Les Miserables. I love her songs. I love her emotion. I love her spunk. I love her selflessness. I love that she's a good person, in spite of having dreadful drips for parents. I love her story and feel as though I can truly identify with her. I even like her costume! I'm all about the roles which require some acting in addition to the singing! :)

3. If you were a mean-spirited gal (which I know you're not) what's the most annoying song you could project into the mind of an enemy? A sample of the lyrics or description of the music would be helpful.

Oooh, I thought about this one! I came up with many torturous songs to play incessently into the minds of an enemy. Believe me, the list was long and amusing to myself. I chose one that may come as a shock, because I know people love this song. I, personally, have a bad history with it and cannot stand it. Are you ready? "Memory" from CATS. I know that initially, it's a beautiful melody. Played over and over by someone who loves it makes it obnoxious. Many singers whine their way through it (ahemSTREISANDahem). There is also the added malicious pleasure I'll get out of the fact that this song can be pretty depressing. Hope doesn't come until the end. The character is pining over a life that they no longer live and cannot get back. (Mwa-ha-ha-ha!)

4. Describe to me your happiest childhood memory.

I was blessed to actually have a fairly happy childhood, so there are (once again) a plethora to choose from. I would have to say that our family reunions on the Smith side were amazing. I would literally look forward to them all year long. It was the one time during the year that I knew each of us cousins would get to play together. We would usually camp for about a week. These weeks would consist of card games, laughing around a campfire and sharing stories, singing, hiking, reading, treasure hunts, riding in the back of a truck with all of my cousins in the back with me as warm summer winds would cool our sunburnt faces, sleeping in tents with cousins, jokes, clubs, swimming, meeting literally every kid in the various campsites we were at and making friends, goofy pictures, watermelons, plastic ants (family joke), and all around fun. We would pick a place nearby and go exploring. We would visit local attractions. I remember always feeling safe and happy. The rules were a little more relaxed, so we took full advantage of it! We still have them, but they're not the same. I lived for these days. When people would ask what I was doing for the summer, or what I was looking forward to, my response never wavered: "My family reunion! I get to spend a WEEK with everyone--Rachel, and Charlie, and Shane, and my Aunt Denise, and . . . "

5. What superpower would you love to possess?

To be a shapeshifter, like Puck! It would be fabulous to be able to change your form anytime you wanted to. Plus, you could get really creative with this one! :)

and because I'm curious -- 6. What non-religious book do you think everybody should read?

Tough! I do think that To Kill a Mockingbird is worthy of everybody's time. It just encompasses so much! Mystery, adventure, noble characters, history, humor, drama . . . It's a great story, and a fun read!

Okay, so there it is! If anyone else thinks this looks fun, leave a comment (or e-mail me since only 5 comments can be left on blogger). Oh, and here are the "official rules" of the game:

The Official Interview Game Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview othersin the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

This title comes from "Healthy, Normal American Boy" from Bye Bye Birdie. It's the part where Rosie and Albert are answering all of the interview questions for Conrad Birdie prior to his departure for Sweet Apple, OH. A very funny song, btw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "Memory" would be a terribly awful song to have stuck in my head. You are much more devious than I suspected! (Aw, it's that red hair...I knew it!) Love your answers -- so glad to get to know you even better!

The Monkey Prince said...

Interview please!

ccap said...

Came here from Stephanie's post. Gotta say I LOVE your answers. TOTALLY agree about Epinone AND Memory.