April 12, 2005

Lots of chocolate for me to eat!

Let me state one thing, and make it very clear: Sherry Lewis is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!! Sherry is our Youth Pastor's wife at HCC. I think she is funny, warm and so very kind. I've thought these things ever since I met her back when we first moved to Nevada in 2000. But she has soared in the ranking of Lynette's favorite people in the last week.

Backing up, in January our church had its annual "Soup Night/White Elephant Gift Exchange." I, as usual, had a great time. I even got to be a returning Dessert Judge, which was a blast. Anyway, Ben Linn (it cracks me up that his parents actually named him this!) was the emcee of the evening, and hilarious as usual. He asked everyone a question prior to picking out their gift. This year, it was "What is your favorite candy bar?" I promptly answered, "Kinder Bueno!" He gave me his look, and a sarcastic remark, so I went into details about the truly scrumptious delight that this candy is. Alas, I've not been able to find it in the U.S.A., which I also noted that night. He said something else funny, and I got my gift. On my way down, Sherry stopped me.

"Lynette, they sell those in Mexico! When the Youth Group goes on their Mission Trip over Spring Break, I'll try to remember to bring you some!"

Sherry pulled through--and bought me five!!!!!!!!!! MMMM! I'm thoroughly enjoying them, and have shared them with people to show the sheer joy a tastebud can experience.

I am also excited for Saturday--the temperature is supposed to be 67 degrees! We had one great week of spring, and then it disappeared. April is supposed to exist for spring weather--and only that! GRR! At least we had that consistently in Exeter! The summers may have reached 115 degrees for three weeks straight, but at least the Central Valley knew what spring was supposed to be like!

Oh! And I just learned a couple of minutes ago from Ann (our students are doing their standarized testing this week--easy for me!) that a group will be putting on The Taming of the Shrew this summer. Not only will it be put on, but it's being done at the Piper Opera House in Virginia City! This theatre is ancient and awesome. It was designed to be like the Ford Theater where Lincoln was shot. Amazing people of theatre have performed there: Mark Twain! John, Lionel, and Ethel Barrymore! Lillian Russell! Sarah Bernhardt! It is rich in theatre history, and I've always wanted to perform there! I may just have to audition. I think that could be a fun show to be in, and with the incentive of that theater I may not be able to resist! How thrilling.

The title of this post is from "Wouldn't it be Loverly," from My Fair Lady. I got to be one of the "special tap dancers" in that number when we did it at NNU. It was fun. The best part was getting to dance with Joel Spencer, though! Hee hee hee. Kami and I thought he was perfection, and she was incredibly jealous watching from the audience! It wasn't much, but it was a point where I got to "shine" a little during that show and defy our horrid director Lane Bottemiller (though his name is fun to say!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was so horrid about your director with the funny name?