April 13, 2005

Thank Goodness!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I have officially finished my grading for the third quarter!!!!!!! I just have to transfer the 7th and 8th English grades to the report cards, and I'm officially done with that quarter!!!!!! 3 down, 1 to go--this calls for a serious celebration tonight! :)

Funny student story: I was grading the 8th grade journals and happened across this answer to the prompt, "The story we're reading today has an omniscient narrator. What do you think the word omniscient means?": "I think it is the Latin word for 'Oh no! Not science!'" I was cracking up. I'm sure that if you read a story with an omniscient narrator, you would find an aversion to the study of science throughout the story. Hilarious!

The title comes from the song "For Good" from Wicked. I was going to use the lyrics before, but realize I already had! EEK! Must be on my toes! I'll post them here: "Oh what a celebration we'll have today! Thank Goodness! . . . We couldn't be happier, thank goodness!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for being done with the third quarter. Nothing beats that feeling of being all caught up on grading!