April 28, 2005

Stumbling all around . . .

Well, good news. My 10 month old niece, Brianna, has survived her first surgery! I think I mentioned the heart condition some time ago. Well, it didn't look promising that it would heal on it's own, so today's surgery closed the valve (I believe) that was causing the heart murmur. My mom called and said everything looked good, and she was even eating. Yeah!!!!!!!!

Janina was awesome last night. Her musical theatre class had the first of three nights of presentations, and each performance is different. She sang "Only in New York" from Thoroughly Modern Millie, "I Still Believe" as a duet with Andie from Miss Saigon, and at the end of the night the whole 40 students sang "Seasons of Love" from Rent. Overall, it was a good show. One of the highlights was Mandy (who's playing one of our Silly Girls in BATB) and some other people sang "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" from Avenue Q. I was laughing an awful lot at that number! :) Such a funny song. And they played it up. When Nina was singing "Only in New York," I could not stop grinning. I am unbelievably proud of my baby sister and her singing ability. I'm certain that I looked like a fatty dope, but I could care less. She's awesome!

We are loading in at the Community Center this week, so we can finally begin rehearsing on our stage, with our set and drops! Huzzah! Plus, it'll be less gas to get to the C.C. than it is to get to WNCC. I can walk there in less than 10 minutes if I so choose. Provided our icky, inconsistent weather ceases, I may do it, too! I'm sad about my villager costume. I guess the sage and cream washed me out, so now I have to wear another ugly pumpkin orange dress, much like the one I wore in Carousel. Sigh.

These lyrics come from a song called "Stumbling." It was used in the pre-Broadway run of Thoroughly Modern Millie in La Jolla, CA. The tune is actually from the 1920s, but I don't know if the lyrics are the same--I somehow doubt it. Since my post seemed to be fairly erratic, I figured that these lyrics would be most appropriate.

No comments: