January 26, 2005

Bli-blip!

The semester/quarter has finally diminished down to a reasonable level. Report cards are due on Friday, and I think I actually may be done with them tomorrow! Huzzah! I'm so sick of mounds of grading. This weekend, I intend to do nothing but fun. I may go see Honk again at the BAC. I'm going up to Tahoe to play in the snow with Esther (whose moving from San Francisco in about a month--possibly to Boston!). I have our first rehearsal, and may just insist on doing something after with friends. I will be frolicking friviously, free from frustrating grading (I couldn't think of another "F" word to summarize what I'll be avoiding, sadly).

And, just when I think I have very intelligent students, one of my 8th graders just asked me what sort of picture I wanted for her homework. I asked her, very confused, exactly what she was referring to. She pointed to the board, where I'd written "Drawing Conclusions (144)." Oh my! These are the particular questions I want them to answer! A 7th grader, on his Bible test for Jeanne wrote that Jesus's coming to earth when he did was a good time instead of now, because He'd have been drafted into the army and not been able to do what He was supposed to do! They just keep rolling in with the good questions and such, don't they?

Well, that's all for the present. I felt like writing--going through my withdrawals, I suppose. There could be some worse outlets for my energy though. I could play video games incessantly. I could be the sort who whines about being bored (which rarely happens to me).

The title comes from the very fun musical Swing. It is a revue of various types of Swing music (which I love!). It covers everything from Country Swing to 1940s Big Band. I saw this show front row with Kami Watson in NYC--and didn't realize until the end of the show when one of the guy dancers winked at me that I'd watched the entire show with the biggest, dopiest grin on my face. Boy did I feel like an idiot! At least it was for something as worthwhile as Ann Hampton Calloway, Michael Gruber, Casey McGill, Laura Benanti and amazing dancers!!!!!! Since this is a pretty random post with no apparent theme, the scat singing lyrics seemed appropriate.

No comments: