January 12, 2005

Oh what a celebration we'll have today

Yesterday was yet another snow day, but this time it was a full-on snow day for all of Carson City. Considering the fact that IT DIDN'T SNOW AT ALL after the night before, I considered it a tad wasteful. I had to call all the parents of the 8th graders to inform them of this fact, but I had to call around 6:15 after I got my call! Sheesh! Oh well, Jeanne and I were ready and had another marvelous vacation day.

I'm reading several books right now that I've never read, all of them are interesting and good. I'm still reading Interpreter of Maladies which is good. I'm liking the look into Indian American culture, seeing as it's not something I'm all that familiar with. I'm reading a book Chris highly recommended called An Imaginary Life. It's the fictional account of Ovid's life after he was banished from Rome. He's living with a group of people who do not speak Latin. I think he's actually about to "adopt" a child whom they have discovered is living in the wild with the deer. It's pretty interesting. I'm reading The Prince and the Pauper for the first time, I guess I never realized that it was about Prince Edward, Henry VIII's son. Cool! Lady Jane Grey and Elizabeth have already made cameos in the book. I'm reading Stargirl, which both my mom and Devon highly recommended. It's funny, but I think it's getting down to the serious part. I really hope that Stargirl doesn't conform to the petty ways of Mica High School for that would be a grave disappointment indeed. I'm thinking that I may possibly teach it next year to a middle school class, we shall see. I'm also reading Animal Farm--whoa. It's intriguing, as is all of Orwell's writing in my opinion.

There are many good things happening around me of late, as well as several notes of congratulations/well wishes to be mentioned.
1) Congratulations to Mindy Depaz!!!!!!!!!! She teaches Kindergarten at my school (I love spending time with our Kindergarten teachers; they're both funny and great listeners), and informed me Monday that she is pregnant with her third child. YEAH!
2) Happy 30th Birthday to Chris tomorrow!
3) Happy 5th Birthday to Leigha on Friday!
4) Bon Voyage to Tiffany on Friday, enjoy your 4-5 month time in New Zealand!
5) Congrats to Kristen for having her talk with Kenny--it needed to happen! Plus, it ended with good results!

The lyrics come from Wicked, from the song "For Good." It's great!

No comments: